Massaging points is one of the oldest methods of treatment in the East, old more than a several thousand years. In total, the human body has 365 points and 12 major meridians, which is reminiscent of the amount of days and months of the year.
The operation of such a massage (acupressure, finger pressure on specific points), is based on the teachings aboutmeridians and channels that are connected to certain organs.
In Chinese medicine, the body is seen as an energy system, so that the massage can affect the flow of energy and functional activity of organs.
Activating the Zu San Li point gives permanent healing and rejuvenating effects, preventing aging. In China, this point is known as -- “the point of longevity”, in Japan – as ” the Point of a hundred diseases.”
A Japanese legend says that once upon a time there was a happy man who got a priceless knowledge from his father – the knowledge about The Longevity Point or the Points of Hundred of Diseases.
Following the commandment of his father, the son massaged this point on a daily basis and he lived to see the birth and death of several emperors.
Where is that magical point (Zu San Li) in our body?
Zu San Li point is placed below the kneecap. If you are interested in finding it, you should cover your knee with the palm of the same hand. The point is placed between the ends of the ring finfer and the little finger, formed as a small dent between the bones.
You can find it in another way.You should sit on the floor, then strongly press your feet to the ground and pull them towards yourself, without raising the heels from the floor.
You will notice that there is a higher area created below your knee. Find its highest point, put your finger on it and take a starting position. The point which was pressed by your finger is the Zu San Li point.
What is this point responsible of and why do the Japanese call it –the point of hundred diseases?
- Monitors the work of organs which are located in the lower half of the body
- Controls the work of spinal cord in parts that are responsible for the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, digestive tract, sexual organs, kidneys, adrenal glands.
With the help of massage,the Zu San Li point can increase the activity of the adrenal glands, the most powerful glands that act as the main guardian of human health. They push adrenaline, hydrocortisone and other important hormones in the blood.
If you massage the “point of longevity” every day, there is a possibility that you can normalize the work of the adrenal glands, which perform the following functions in the body:
- Normalization of blood pressure
- Normalization of glucose, insulin
- Suppression of inflammatory processes in the body
- Regulation of the immune function of man
Also, by massaging the Zu San Li point, you can:
- Improve digestion
- Treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Treat the effects of stroke
The massage of this points will help you gain confidence, relieve stress and tension, and find inner stability.
At the same time, you can cure many diseases, including impotence, hiccups, constipation, gastritis, urinary incontinence.
It increases immunity to a great extent, one becomes healthy and fit for life.
How can you affect the “point of longevity”?
It is better to massage the Zu San Li point in the morning, before lunch. 9 times in a circular motion clockwise on each leg, alternately (9 times on one, 9 times on other). Repeat this for 10 minutes, in total.
Before you begin with the massage, make yourself comfortable, in a relaxed position (sitting). Reassure breathing and concentrate on your feelings. Immerse yourself in a state of harmony and understanding of the fact that you begin your healing process. This massage has a stimulating effect.
You can do the massage with your fingers or with any kind of grain cereals (buckwheat, oats, rice, etc.)
You can also stick to the Point a clove of garlic cut on a half, and leave it on it for 1-2 hours (until the skin turns red).
Daily massage of the Zu San Li point in the evening is suitable for weight loss -- 400-500 grams per week. But do not massage it immediately before bedtime, for it can cause insomnia.
You can do the massage every day, but the best effect is achieved during the new moon.
- Eight days after the occurrence of the new moon, be sure to massage this point in the morning, alternately on each foot clockwise. It’s the best time for an effective massage for strengthening the immune system, improving the work of the organs and slowing the aging process.
- Before lunch, alternately on each foot, massage clockwise, do the massage to improve general tone, memory, the work of the cardiovascular and digestive system.
- After lunch, on both feet, massage this point to work on stress, nervousness and irritability, headaches and sleep disturbances.
In the evening, massage in a counterclockwise direction, on both legs, in order to increase metabolism and weight loss.
(Obtained permissions from the content owners)
Other included sources/references linked in Healthy Food House’s article: