Harmful House Plants: Poison for Kids and Pets

We are all aware of those houseplants which are extremely beneficial to our health and should be in the house.

But there are such flowers, which are not desirable, even sometimes dangerous to keep in the house.Poison is often located in the leaves and other parts of such plants.

Some of them have a very intense odor or biologically active substances, which can, in a hypersensitive people, induce headache, and what is worse -- an allergic reaction, which many people are unaware that comes from the plants in the home.

But, fortunately, such plants are not many. Here I will describe only those that are frequently encountered in our homes.

The most dangerous plants are Azalea, Clivia, Euphorbia milli (God’s thorn), Monster, hydrangea, Browallia L., Gloriosa, Philodendron, Oleander, Croton and Dieffenbachia.

Unfortunately, these plants are often present in homes. But they are a real threat, especially for young children.

Thus, for example, juice of the Gloriosa is very dangerous for children, because if it gets into the body of a child (a child accidentally bites off the leaf), it stimulates hair loss and attacks the kidneys.

Gloriosa

Clivia contains Licorine which in high doses can cause paralysis. In small doses can cause poisoning and vomiting.

Genova-Clivia

If you accidentally eat a leaf of the beautiful azaleas, intestinal spasms and epileptic seizures will follow.

Azaleja

Dieffenbachia, which is a very nice room tree, but it is also dangerous. Its juice is poisonous and can cause serious poisoning in children if they taste it.

Difenbahija

Adults can be burned by the juice of this plant as well, when cutting its leaves or buds.

Philodendron leaves contain toxic acid. If the child tests its taste, it can be severely poisoned.

filadendron

Oleander. The juice of this plant causes blindness, and his scent -- dizziness.

Oleander

The accidental touch of Croton juice with the skin, can cause severe burns, and if it reaches the blood, it can even cause death

Kroton

If you have frequent headaches or an allergic reaction, you should pay attention to the following plants, which you may have in your home:

Lilies and Ferns

Lilijani i paprat

During the night, they absorb oxygen and release carbon dioxide, which can lead to early morning headaches, with no apparent reason. In addition, the strong scent of lilies can cause insomnia. These plants should not be kept in the bedrooms.

Tuberose also emits particles that stimulate the sense of smell. People who suffer from hypertension, heart disease, inhaling his scent for a long time, can often feel discomfort and it can also cause dizziness and depression.

SONY DSC