Almond milk is extremely healthy and beneficial. It contains no cholesterol and is rich in vitamins and microelements that are, so dissolved, easily accessible to our body.
The milk of almonds is an excellent alternative to cow’s milk, since it does not contain cholesterol, and consists of 20% protein. Vitamin E in almond milk is in higher amounts than in spinach, which is a source of magnesium.
In addition, this milk is a source of phosphorus, which is extremely necessary for teeth and bones. It has four times more calcium than cow’s milk, 370 mg of calcium per 100 grams of the product! Do not forget potassium, zinc, copper, iron, group B vitamins and manganese.
Why should you drink almond milk?
- Doctors recommend it for faster and safe healing of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum.
- Almond milk stimulates the secretion of bile and gall bladder emptying.
- Stimulates the function of the intestines and is used in cases of constipation and chronic colitis. It has easy laxative effect.
- The consumption of a cup of almond milk will prevent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Almond milk is useful in colds, asthma, insomnia, impotence, anemia.
- It is an excellent source of energy, supports brain activity and strengthens memory.
- Moderate levels of vitamin A in the milk strengthen the vision and influencethe ability of the eye to adapt to different light conditions.
- A glass of almond milk contains 50% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin E -- an antioxidant that reduces the growth of free radicals, which are likely to cause cancer.
- It is rich in B vitamins (riboflavin) and iron, which are necessary for growth and healthy functioning of muscular tissue.
- Almond milk does not contain lactose, so that you can drink it freely without fear of digestive disorders.
- It has few calories (1 cup contains only 40 calories), does not contain saturated fat, which makes it very useful for people trying to lose weight.
- Since it contains flavonoids, almond milk helps reduce cholesterol and protects the heart.
- Pure almond milk provides healthy skin and hair.
The preparation of the almond milk is not at all difficult. This can be done by every housewife who has a blender or juicer in the kitchen.
To prepare the almond milk will need:
- -- blender or juicer
- -- 1 cup raw almonds, which you will find in health food stores
- -- 3-4 glasses of water; strainer
Soak the almonds in water overnight. In the morning, spill the water. In the bowl of almonds pour clean (preferably bottled or filtered) water, 3-4 cups.
Afterwards, mix in a blender (2-3 minutes). Strain the milk through a strainer and pour it into glass bottles.
Its shelf life in the refrigerator is 2-3 days. You can sweeten your glass of almond milk with a little honey or you can add cinnamon, cocoa or vanilla, to taste.
Do not throw away the pulp which remained after straining.You can prepare a marzipan cake, crackers with it, you can add it in the muesli, or dry it out and get the almond flour. The pulp can be used to make excellent moisturizing face mask, if you add a little cream and honey to it.
On clean skin, apply the mask and leave it for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with water or wipe with a napkin. Your skin will thank you.
So, as you can see, the benefits of almond milk are invaluable, because it contains a lot of nutrients, which are essential for maintaining the health and vitality of the body.
Watch this video: